Volunteer – Peninsula Agency on Aging
Volunteer: a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task
Volunteers are an integral part of our services and programs at PAA.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Delivering meals
- Transporting seniors to and from medical appointments
- Volunteering at dining centers
- Clerical assistance to PAA
- * Williamsburg Community Volunteer
Meals On Wheels VOLUNTEERS
VOLUNTEERS TO DELIVER MEALS TO HOMEBOUND SENIORS
Volunteers add spirit and enhance cost-effectiveness, which makes it possible for our programs to provide more services with limited funds!
Our Meals On Wheels volunteers deliver meals and provide a friendly safety check to over 470 seniors a day in Hampton, Newport News, and Poquoson. PAA, with the help of our outstanding volunteers, delivered over 143,000 meals last year.
Enjoy flexible delivery schedules. Volunteer individually or form a team! Meal delivery takes place around 11:00 a.m. Monday through Friday and takes approximately one hour.
If you’re interested in learning more about our volunteer opportunities, please contact PAA at
VOLUNTEER & COME DRIVE WITH US
Volunteers add spirit and enhance cost-effectiveness, which makes it possible for programs to provide more services with limited funds!
Since 2002, MEDTRAN drivers logged over 236,000 miles and 21,000 volunteer hours, transporting hundreds of clients to more than 11,500 medical appointments.
Enjoy flexible hours & drive in the comfort of your own car. Volunteers donate as little or as much time as they’d like.
If you’re interested in learning more about our volunteer opportunities, please contact PAA at (757) 873-0541.
- Valid driver’s license
- Safe driving record
- Vehicle liability insurance (as required by the state of Virginia)
- No crimes against a person
If you are interested in volunteering your services to PAA, please fill out the application form below or call our Newport News Office at (757) 873-0541 or our Williamsburg Office at (757) 345-6277.
* Please Note: Our Williamsburg office is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help implement the Community Action Plan on Aging. Specifically, individuals are needed to facilitate the Experienced Employees in Transition Job Club, participate on the Housing and Neighborhood Support Committee and join the Communications/Outreach Committee. Call the Williamsburg Resource Center at (757) 345-6277 for more information.