Keys To Healthy Aging
Provided by PAA
The Keys to Healthy Aging program provides easy to read information about topics of interest to seniors, their caregivers, and adult children. The information is provided in brief, 2 page resource summaries that have been developed by Peninsula Agency on Aging members who have expertise on the topics.
Each summary includes:
- Brief description of the topic
- List of community resources you can contact for more information
- List of PAA-approved speakers, who you can contact to present up-to-date, reliable information about the topic to your group.
Resource summaries are still being developed for some of the topics listed below. Topics for which a Resource Summary has been developed are indicated by a clickable link. Just click on the title and the PDF document will open in a new window or tab.
More resource summaries will be added as they are developed, so if a topic you’re interested in isn’t listed, please check back soon.
Emotional & Mental Wellbeing:
- Staying Engaged and Socially Connected As You Age
- Coping with Grief and Loss
- Memory Loss: Is it Dementia or Normal Aging?
- Avoiding Isolation As It Becomes More Difficult to Leave the House
- Differentiating Between Dementia and Depression
- Practicing Mindfulness
- Age Stereotypes and Aging
- Support for LGBT Older Adults
- Annual Medicare Wellness Exam
- Patient Assistance Programs – Prescription Medications
- Advance Care Planning
- Drug-Drug and Drug-Food Interactions
- STD’s In Older Adults